Technical Troubleshooting - APPLICATION
Filling out the form
THE FORM IS NOT WORKING
1. Try refreshing your page. Hit F5 to do a basic refresh, then CTRL+F5 to do a hard refresh.
2. Try opening the form in another browser, eg. IE, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
MY POSTCODE IS NOT ACCEPTED
This likely means that your area is not eligible for the 2017 Australia Post Regional Pitchfest program, which is only open to rural or regional areas of Australia. Please read more in our FAQs. If you still believe that your postcode should be accepted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your postcode and contact details for our assessment.
I AM TRYING TO ENTER MY DETAILS BUT IT KEEPS COMING UP WITH AN ERROR
Please note that all questions marked with a red * must be completed. Individual questions will not allow you to proceed or submit your application unless you have completed them to the correct specifications, including word limits. If you are having problems with any part of the form and believe that you have completed it correctly, please email us at email@example.com.
I AM NOT VERY GOOD WITH COMPUTERS OR TECHNOLOGY, WHERE CAN I GET HELP WITH THE CREATION AND SUBMISSION OF MY APPLICATION?
Ask your friends and family to help! Brainstorm ideas for how to show off your business concept. If you know someone who is a great writer, ask them to help write your pitch and answer the key questions. If you know someone who is great with cameras, ask for their help to produce your pitch video. If you know someone who has excellent computer skills, ask for their help to fill out and submit the application form online. For inspiration and encouragement, seek out your local business community groups, co-working spaces or networks.
Australia Post Regional Pitchfest can provide limited technical support and assistance for the submission of applications. This service is for those experiencing major technical problems or form errors. If your question isn't answered here, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Submitting the form
THE FORM IS TAKING TOO LONG TO UPLOAD
Upload speed depends on your device and your internet connection. Large video files need to be given ample time to upload to our secure servers. Do not close your browser until the form indicates that the submission is successful. If you close your browser too early, Australia Post Regional Pitchfest may not receive your complete submission and your entry may be deemed ineligible.
If your application has not uploaded within 2 hours, you may try submitting a direct application here.
I DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF MY APPLICATION
This may happen if your submission has not completed uploading before your browser was closed. Please send an email to email@example.com with your full name and contact details. We will either confirm your submission or ask you to resubmit.
WHAT SHOULD BE IN THE BIO?
Your bio should contain an overview about you. This could include professional information such as your education or career achievements or general information about your life, and what inspired you to come up with your idea.
If you are a finalist, this bio will be used in our programs at the Australia Post Regional Pitchfest events and may be used by some media in the lead up to the event. To view some example bios, click here.
PROFILE IMAGE TROUBLESHOOTING
WHAT SHOULD BE IN THE PROFILE IMAGE?
- Your photo should have a clean or monotone background
- Your photo should be a headshot – medium shot of just you, from mid waist to top of the head, make sure there is some room to crop on the sides of photo if required
- Don't forget to smile!
If you are a finalist, this profile image will be used in our programs at the Australia Post Regional Pitchfest events and may be used by some media in the lead up to the event.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY PHOTO IS HIGH RESOLUTION?
A photo's resolution is measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Two common resolutions are 72 ppi and 300 ppi. 72 ppi is considered “low-res” for web use and 300 ppi is considered the minimum for “high-res.”
On a PC:
1. Right click the image file
2. Select “Properties” from the menu
3. Select the “Details” tab and scroll down
4. Check that the resolution of your image is 300ppi. (If your image is less than 300ppi, ensure that the photo size (under dimensions) is at least 900 x 1500 pixels).
On a MAC:
1. Open the image in Preview, then go to Tools > Adjust Size. PPI will appear in the dialog window.
2. Check that the resolution of your image is 300ppi. (If your image is less than 300ppi, ensure that the image size is at least 900 x 1500 pixels).
MY PHOTO EXCEEDS THE 4MB LIMIT, HOW CAN I MAKE IT SMALLER?
On a PC:
1. Right click on your image in Windows Explorer, and select Open With > Paint. This will open the image with paint.
2. On the Home menu, click Resize.
3. Select to resize by pixels (ensure Maintain Aspect Ratio is selected).
4. Resize to a minimum of 1500 pixels as the smaller of your horizontal or vertical size and click OK.
5. Select File > Save As and save your file.
On a MAC:
1. Create a copy of your image
2. Open the copy in Preview, then go to Tools > Adjust Size. Adjust the width and height of your image (locked to scale proportionally) to a minimum of 1500 pixels as the smaller of your height or width size. The dialog window will show you the resulting file size difference.
3. Click File > Save.
Pitch Video Troubleshooting
WHAT SHOULD BE IN THE PITCH VIDEO?
Your pitch video should showcase your business idea or concept. It may be recorded on your phone or via a video camera, and may be a straight piece direct to camera, a demonstration of your product or idea, or a produced sizzle reel that sells your concept in a creative or clever way.
You have 60 seconds to sell us why you should progress through to the state final – our judges are looking for a clearly articulated problem or solution and how your business idea is going to address it and grow.
MY VIDEO EXCEEDS THE 30MB LIMIT, HOW CAN I MAKE IT SMALLER?
If you are recording the video on your phone:
1. Try adjusting the video settings on your phone to a lower resolution eg, from 1080p to 720p. HD to SD.
2. Export your video to a computer where you can adjust the resolution further.
If you are editing your video using an app or computer based video editing program:
1. Try exporting the video in a different format, with smaller screen dimensions or at a lower resolution.
Adjusting the resolution settings of a video on your computer:
On a PC:
1. Download free video converter software (some recommendations below), adjust the settings of your video and export in one of the accepted formats.
On a Mac:
1. Open your video file in Quicktime
2. File > Export > 480p
3. Choose a File Name > Save
Alternate: Download free video converter software (some recommendations below), adjust the settings of your video and export in one of the accepted formats.
MY VIDEO ISN'T IN A SUPPORTED FORMAT
Australia Post Regional Pitchfest accepts video in the following formats: .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .MOV or .mpg
Various video converters are available online to help you convert your video into a supported format (some recommendations below).
If you have edited your video using an app or computer based editing program, you should export/render your video again in one of the supported formats.
WHICH FREE VIDEO EDITING AND CONVERSION PROGRAMS CAN I USE TO HELP ME RESIZE OR CONVERT MY VIDEO?
Note: Australia Post Regional Pitchfest offers these programs as suggestions only. We are not affiliated with any program or its developer. We do not accept liability for any adverse outcomes that may result from the use of these programs including those related to security, viruses, billing or technical concerns. We do not provide support for the use of these programs.
The following programs may assist you to convert your file format, or change your picture size to lower the overall file size of the video.
If your question is not covered within THE ABOVE Troubleshooting Guide or you are needing further assistance with the submission of your application:
SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and contact phone number as well as a full description of the technical problem you need assistance with.
Alternatively you can contact Australia Post Regional Pitchfest Technical Support on 0458 621 827.
(Standard call charges apply)